On its Facebook page, Universal posted "we're creating more new entertainment experiences for you in 2012 than during any other year in our history!" It said hints and sneak peaks would be given in the coming days. Commenters quickly steered toward the future of the Jaws space, which closed Jan. 2, and the already-announced-but-not-specified expansion of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- Universal Studios: Mardi Gras lineup includes Diana Ross, Plain White T's, B.o.B
- Universal Studios: Post-Jaws photo tour
- Pictures: Universal Studios now and through the years
- Pictures: Diagon Alley at Universal Orlando
- Pictures: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Hogsmeade
- Pictures: Celebrities seen at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
See more photos »
- Universal videos
- Universal Harry Potter Diagon Alley Videos
- Universal Orlando
- Wizarding World of Harry Potter
See more topics »
Facebook commenters reeled off a list of hopes, dreams and speculation, including a new lagoon show, a parade, a Transformers attraction, a Titanic attraction, a revival of Kongfrontation and, inventively, "Law & Order: The Ride." Some guesses would to be off-base or confused, such as the notion that Jaws was closed in order to put in a miniature golf course. (Two courses at the entrance to Universal CityWalk.)
Some media members have been invited to a webcast on Wednesday, Jan. 25, which is said to include a time frame for the opening of the Despicable Me attraction (which replaces Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast), particulars about the enhancement of the Adventures of Amazing Spider-Man ride at Islands of Adventure and "details on more and new exciting entertainment experiences that await guests of all ages in 2012."