"If you're over 12, it's not going to hold your interest very long," said Scott Smith, a faculty member at the Rosen College of Hospitality Management at the University of Central Florida.
- Legoland Florida: How the Orlando Sentinel made its nameplate out of legos
- Pictures: Legoland Florida
- Complete Legoland Florida coverage
- Pictures: Legoland Florida grand opening ceremony
- Pictures: Miniland USA at Legoland Florida
- Pictures: Legoland Preview Opening
See more photos »
- The LEGO Group
- Amusement and Theme Parks
- Recreational and Sporting Goods Industry
See more topics »
- Winter Haven, FL 33884, USA
Smith and Niles agree that loyalty to Lego products is strong and significant.
"Parents who have kids in that age group will go out of their way to visit because it is such a special and unique experience," Niles said.
"It's a park that very much grows on people as they go to it, until that day when they approach middle school," he said.
"Then, all of a sudden, they're not interested in Legoland anymore."
Sara K. Clarke contributed to this report. firstname.lastname@example.org at 407-420-5477
Where: 1 Legoland Way, Winter Haven
When: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. today
Cost: $75 general, $65 ages 3-12 and 60 and older